BEFORE INTRAVENOUS SEDATION
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the night before surgery. If surgery is scheduled after 1pm you may eat a light breakfast prior to 7:00am that morning. After that you should NOT have anything to eat or drink prior to your surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medication, please check prior to your surgical date for instructions. If you start any new medications after the original consultation, please advise the surgical assistants.